As the song goes, ‘it’s only words, and words are all I have. To take your heart awaaay’.
But when it comes to your creative small business, there’s no ‘only’ about it. Your words are VITs (Very Important Things).
They’re like tiny ambassadors. Working day and night. Meeting, greeting and charming your online visitors.
They can help you get this reaction from your potential clients and customers:
‘She seems like my kind of person. I want what she’s got. Now where did I put my purse?’
Instead of this one:
‘Errr, not for me thanks.’
To set out your digital stall in the most appealing light, you need top notch writing. Words that have you stamped all over them, and blow your business’ trumpet.
So you attract clients and customers who appreciate the craft, and graft, that goes into what you offer.
But, let me guess.
Copywriting’s not really your forte?
- You’ve got far too much to do to make the time to sit down and write a draft?
- You’re struggling to put something together that has the right mix of personality and purpose?
- You’d win gold in the Procrastination Olympics?
I hear you.
Coming up with clear, compelling and waffle-free copy can be tougher than opening your inbox for the first time after you get back from holiday.
So allow me to introduce the Well Said! website copy package.
What it includes:
- Homepage: that makes a first impression you’re proud of
- About page: to let your clients and customers know that you get where they’re coming from, show them what a likeable and trustworthy soul you are, and build your credibility
- Services page: that tells your clients and customers exactly what you do, how you do it, and gives them a convincing answer to The Most Important Question of All — 'what’s in it for me?'
- One other page: (contact, praise or FAQ). So you have even more opportunities to show exactly why working with your good self is a no-brainer
When we join forces, I'll share everything I know about creating connections, capturing your voice and making sure what you do bounces of the page.
As well as sharpening my writing, researching and interviewing skills, my journalism experience means I'm
nosy endlessly curious about people's motivations.
Dig deep to get to know you, your business and what your clients and customers are really after.
Listen carefully to what you share with me (not just wait impatiently until it’s my turn to speak).
Sculpt, tweak and enhance your words and ideas, so they convey what you do in an honest, direct and non-boring way.
This means, when your clients and customers land on your site, they’ll know that they’ve come to the right place. (And their googling time’s over.)
How Well Said! works
- we agree a date to get started
- you fill in my Getting To Know You brand questionnaire
- we have a Skype, or phone, chat so I can find out more about you, your goals and what it is you do that makes your clients and customers keep coming back for more
- I’ll send you an initial ‘how does this sound?’ draft so you can make sure the tone’s spot on. After that you’ll have two more opportunities to give me feedback. (So you can make sure your copy sounds fantastic, AND does the job you want it to)
- I’ll send you your ‘blimey! It sounds just like me, but even better!’ copy
This is a great fit for you if you’re:
- pretty new to business and have got to the stage where you need to whip your copy into shape
- rebranding and need to give your words an upgrade so they’re a perfect match for your distinctive, new brand identity
- you’re looking for crisp, vivid and personality-packed copy that reflects who you are
But definitely not for you if you’re:
- not sure exactly what you’re selling, or who you’re selling it to
- not ready to be yourself on your website
- looking for corpspeak